EN530 HDTV Smart Encoder IV - HD/SD Closed Caption Encoder
HDTV/SDTV Closed Caption Encoder
The EN530 is a universal closed caption encoding solution supporting HD and SD video encoding, decoding and bridging. Applications include video post production and live broadcast captioning from local or dial-up captioning sources. Independent HD and SD-SDI video paths allow the simultaneous encoding of SD and HD signals as well as caption bridging and upconversion functions. EEG's universally supported Smart Encoder command protocol provides compatibility with all commercially available and legacy real-time and off-line captioning software as well as support for native mode EIA 708B captions.
The EN530 connects seamlessly with all available ATSC Encoders supporting SMPTE 333M, SMPTE 334M or Grand Alliance captioning interface protocols. This unit supports the insertion of analog TSID into the SD-SDI video path. The broadcaster's unique Transmission Signal Identifier is programmed into ROM and automatically initialized for insertion upon power on.
Some important features of the EN530 include:
- EEG's time proven DTV caption upconversion technology ensures the richest HD caption service and widest compatibility with consumer decoders
- Simultaneous encoding of HD SMPTE 292M VANC captions and SD "line 21 format" captions through independent video paths
- Caption sources include native EIA 708B or legacy EIA 608B data streams input from 4 available serial ports, a built-in dial-up modem or regeneration from data embedded in upstream video.
- Caption data can be de-embedded from HD signal path and bridged to SD with EIA 608B compliant encoding.
- Transparent upconversion of caption services from legacy EIA 608B caption software
- Direct connection to ATSC encoder serial captioning input ports supporting SMPTE 333M and Grand Alliance serial protocols.
- De-embedded HD VANC caption data, upconverted SD data or live captions are automatically selected and routed to the ATSC encoder
- Supports a wide variety of HD transmission and mastering formats including 1080i, 720p, 480p and 24psf
- Bypass relay protection on SDI and HD video paths
- SD-SDI interface supports insertion of analog TSID
- HDTV Captioning
- HD490 Smart Encoder - HD CC VANC Encoder
- CB512: HD Caption Legalizer/Relocating Bridge™
- HD485 Post-Production SDI Encoder
- DE280 HD Closed Caption Decoder
- DE285 HD Caption Decoder / VANC Monitor
- DE1285 HD Caption Decoder / VANC Monitor (openGear)
- DE285CC HD Caption Decoder / VANC Monitor
- EN530 HDTV Smart Encoder IV - HD/SD Closed Caption Encoder
- ComCC 1250 iCap Interface Card
- 1430 HD Encoder Card
- 1490 HD Encoder Card
- HD VANC Data Insertion
- NTSC Captioning
- Caption Data Bridges
- Open Gear
- Network Alert System (NAS)
- DE282 VANCMatte Decoder
- CGMS-A and V-Chip Monitors
- VBI Control Systems
- Analog to SDI VBI Bridge
- Corporate Presentations