EEG iCap CaptionCast
iCap CaptionCast is an exciting new service from EEG that provides streaming captions for a variety of live events and venues. With CaptionCast you can even choose how you want your captions to be displayed, for extremely convenient and efficient accessibility compliance in stadiums, arenas, conference centers and other large-scale venues.
A browser-based mobile application that streams live captioning to smart phones, PDA’s, and other hand-held devices, CaptionCast puts public address captioning directly into the hands of those who want and need it, and seamlessly integrates into a facility’s caption authoring system.
If you have an Event ID and are looking for the captions for your event, enter the Event ID into the box and click the Sign In button.
The CaptionCast workflow:
- Managed through the iCap Realtime Captioning System, which comes standard with the EEG HD480 Smart Encoder V.
- Caption text is entered into the venue’s HD480 by a remote captioner via iCap
- The HD480’s iCap live streaming capabilities provide secure, low-latency, audio to the remote captioner, while uplinking the caption feed to the CaptionCast internet servers
- A link to the CaptionCast is available through the EEG CaptionCast website, or via an embeddable URL on the event or venue’s page
- Event attendees log onto the CaptionCast with a supplied code that is unique to each venue and event – CaptionCast is compatible with all standard mobile browsers
- Adjustable-font Captioning will continue streaming live to their mobile device until they log off, or the event ends.
If you're new to CaptionCast and wondering how to get captions for your next event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
iCap CaptionCast: This is Personal.
- iCap™ System
- iCap™ Control
- iCap™ CaptionCast
- iCap™ VC
- MPEG-2 Caption Legalizer™
- SCTE-104 Suite
- XDS XPress™
- CC Everywhere
- CCPlay FilePro
- XDS XPress Lite™
- XpressCC Server™
- Affiliate Communications System
- iTV XPress™