iCap VC: iCap Voice Captioning System
In the interest of providing small market TV stations with a highly streamlined and cost-effective solution for emergency captioning compliance, EEG has introduced the iCap Voice Captioning System (iCap VC).
In this enhanced version of the iCap IP-based Realtime Captioning System, caption entry is accomplished via a voice recognition system that integrates smoothly with iCap and the EEG HD480 Smart Encoder V.
Using iCap VC, a trained staffer monitors the live on-air audio on headphones, then respeaks it via microphone into the captioning system. Users can also supplement voice captioning through iCap VC with timed captioning from a pre-prepared script or any text file.
In this way, small market stations using iCap VC will be equipped for accurate emergency captioning self-sufficiency.
With iCap VC, stations can:
- input iCap captions through an external voice recognition software such as DragonVoice
- create rollup captions by simple typing, without the need to know special encoder commands
- create variable speed rollup captions from a plain text file, including repeat features for emergency info and other time-critical data
The iCap VC license works on a per-user name basis with iCap. Once a station has a license, it can be used with any encoder.
Trial version available: Stations can audition a version of iCap VC that does not require a license to operate, and watermarks the output text with a demo message.
- iCap™ System
- iCap™ Control
- iCap™ CaptionCast
- iCap™ VC
- MPEG-2 Caption Legalizer™
- SCTE-104 Suite
- XDS XPress™
- CC Everywhere
- CCPlay FilePro
- XDS XPress Lite™
- XpressCC Server™
- Affiliate Communications System
- iTV XPress™